Sunday, January 25, 2009

Some thoughts

I have a couple of thoughts for today. The last couple of days have been interesting. Beginning Friday morning, I decided to go downtown to get my books for school. So I choose to take the train. The trains were running 40 minutes behind. The reason they were running behind was someone was killed by a train a few blocks away from the Palatine train station. My sympathies go out to this person’s family. Any lost of life is a tragedy. With that being said, I have said this hundreds of times, any one getting killed by a train has to have some serious issues. IT IS A TRAIN!!!!!!! It is limited to where it can go. It cannot go right or left quickly or in a short distance. Here is a quick tip to avoid being hit by a train: take one maybe two steps to either the right or the left. If you are one of those people who find it difficult to make a decision: step to the right. There are no valid reasons for getting hit by a train. They do not come out of nowhere. People have built in a few signs that a train is coming: For those people who are hard of hearing there are flashing red lights along with a white and red beam that blocks traffic; for those that have trouble with those visual aids the good people who work the rail have added a loud bell. Now if a person misses these subtle hints that a train is coming, maybe they should not be driving.

Is it possible for an office holiday party to be fun? The answer is no. They can be tolerable, mainly because of adult beverages. However these beverages do tend to cause uncomfortable situations, such as karaoke and dancing. Let’s be honest here, there are some lights in which a person should not be forced to view his or her coworkers. These parties are worse when you are attending with a spouse. Now the party I attended last night for Lisa’s work was not all that bad. It did however make me happy that I work out of the house.

Until Tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Chris, I guess I did not thnik you would keep this up to date, so I have done a lot of reading today to catch up. I must say that I have enjoyed it very much. Life is meant to be lived in everyway including the spiritual that is vital to be able to live the next life. Love to you and to Lisa -I haope you both have a great and happy life. Love ya

    ReplyDelete