Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The end is near

It has begun, that is right my final semester for my B.A. I know it has been a long time coming but it is now here. I am not sure how I feel about it, a little excited and little nervous. I am sure it will be an interesting semester. Here is my schedule:
· Monday
o Leadership in Public Policy – The most Liberal Professor in a school of Liberal Professors.
o Problems in U.S. Foreign Policy – The most Conservative Professor in the school. He was brought in to balance the scales.
· Tuesday
o Communications in the Information Age – This is a journalism class, should be interesting.
o Introduction to Public Administration – Not sure about his one.
· Wednesday
o History of the U.S. to 1865 – This is a 100 level class. Shut up, I need the credits.
· Thursday
o Communications in the Information Age – A continuation of Tuesday.
o Urban Politics – The Professor for this class is widely known as one of the foremost experts on Chicago Politics. It is my third class with him, always interesting.
As anyone can see I am going to be pretty busy over the next few months.

I do not have much else to discuss today. I am currently ignoring the moron on my conference call. The guy on the call is attempting to teach us how to use a search engine. I think most of us have actually uses one of those before. This is yet another product where the “Evil Empire” has reinvented the wheel. We have a product that does exactly what the product does that they are pushing on us. Here is the problem the product that is already in place is the product that my team supports. Yes, that is correct. This moron on the phone is “training” us on how to us a product that is to be used in addition to the product my team supports. That may sound a bit confusing, let me try and explain this a little more. My current job is to support a product called SharePoint. This is collaboration software. It allows groups and organizations to share documents and organize all electronic communications. The search functionality is utilized by (not to mention designed by) Microsoft. It works well. However, this is not good enough for the “Evil Empire.” We must purchase or design a totally new product that provides a search functionality that sits on top of SharePoint. This is extremely redundant, extremely redundant. I know this paragraph is a little all over the place. I cannot even put it into words how mad it makes me when money is wasted on reinventing the wheel while cutting jobs and losing quality people. I have to stop now.

Until Tomorrow

1 comment:

  1. Great stuff. Like the 11 choices for the Top Ten Movies in particular. That guy who died on the el might've been looking for it. Good luck with the semester senor. --Robert R

    ReplyDelete