Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Slow Day

I don’t really have much to say today. I do however have a few questions.
1) The TV has been on all day working fine with no one paying any attention to it. I sit down to watch it for a minute or two as I grab a quick bite to eat and what do I see but “Searching for Satellite signal”. Yes sometimes the satellite loses signal when the weather is bad, but why at the precise moment when I sit down to watch it. The kids were able to watch TV this morning while eating breakfast. Lisa was able to watch the weather. Me I get a black screen. Why?
2) Why is it that when a windshield wiper starts to leave streaks; does that streak appear directly in the middle of your field of vision? This event also occurs, when it is snowing and a piece of ice freezes to the wiper at the perfect location, directly in the middle of your field of vision. It makes no difference if you are tall or short, the smear will find you.
3) Why do they make clothing for dogs? Some people argue that it is cold outside and the dog needs a coat. IT HAS ONE!!!!! All dogs do, it is called a fur coat.
4) When it is snowing and people are driving around, why do they forget how to use a blinker?
5) When the temperature is in negative numbers; does anyone actually care that it “feels” colder than it really is? Tonight it is supposed to be around -11 degrees, but it will “feel” like -39 degrees. I am going to have to take a page from Ron White’s understanding the terrorist threat level here. According to Ron no one understands the colors of the threat level anyway so he simplified it to be: 1) Get a helmet and 2) Put on the helmet. So for the weather: 1) Get a jacket and 2) Put on the jacket. I do not need any more information than that.

How about some news?
There is a 22 year-old selling her virginity, so far bids have reached $3.7 million. Also a man accused of selling his child for $16,000, beer, and meat. Apparently, my generation was not all that creative when it comes to making money.

In other news by an ironic twist of fate a convicted sex offender in Alaska wins the lotto. All proceeds from the lotto go to benefit STAR - “Standing Together Against Rape”. The lotto winner was severely beaten.

Author Ann Coulter was harassed on the television show “The View”. Did they not know who she was before they booked her?

Worker in Peru cannot be fire for being drunk on the job. I have too many comments for this one. http://www.reuters.com/article/oddlyEnoughNews/idUSTRE50D6J720090114

Until Tomorrow.
I am working on my music top ten, it is taking longer than I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment