Friday, January 9, 2009

Last Night

First off, I need to address the issue of last night’s National Title game. Florida wanted it more and they got it. Florida has a better coach. Bob Stoops is college football’s answer to Marty Schottenheimer; he is one of the best regular season coaches with a record of “109–23–0, the most wins by any Division 1-Football Bowl Subdivision school and the best record of any BCS school during that stretch.” (Thanks Wikipedia) He can get the team to a bowl, according to the Oklahoma Sooners own web site “All 10 of Bob Stoops' Sooner teams have been to bowl games (1999-2008) including seven BCS and four national championship games.” That is a fine and dandy but if you cannot win the bowl game no one cares. Here is a list of Stoops’ Ten bowl appearances:
DateBowlOutcomeTeams
01.08.09BCS Championship

L

Florida 24, Oklahoma 14
01.02.08Fiesta Bowl

L

West Virginia 48, Oklahoma 28
01.01.07Fiesta Bowl

L

Boise State 43,Oklahoma 42 (OT)
12.29.05Holiday Bowl

W

Oklahoma 17, Oregon 14
01.04.05Orange Bowl

L

Southern Cal 55, Oklahoma 19
01.01.04Sugar Bowl

L

LSU 21, Oklahoma 14
01.01.03Rose Bowl

W

Oklahoma 34, Washington State 14
01.01.02Cotton Bowl

W

Oklahoma 10, Arkansas 3
01.03.01Orange Bowl

W

Oklahoma 13, Florida State 2
12.31.99Independence Bowl

L

Ole Miss 27, Oklahoma 25


1-4 in National Title games and has six Big Twelve titles. 4-10 in bowl games, someone should give this man an award. I will say this; the Fiesta Bowl of 2007 Boise State v. Oklahoma produced in my opinion the best last seven minutes of any football game I have ever seen. Well this is not entirely true in 1994 the Texas High School State Championship game tops the list. The teams: Plano East v. John Tyler. The situation: 3:00 left in the game Plano East is losing 41 to 17. For the rest of the story you have to watch and listen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHkABO0VwCg&feature=related .

Ok I think it is time to move on. Everything started with a Christmas present for M & M. They received the Guitar Hero World Tour game and guitar. I watched for awhile thinking it would be a really stupid game. The boy was pretty good and he is getting a little better. But, here is where it went wrong with me. I gave it a try. At first I was frustrated because it was more difficult that it looked and second the boy was better than me (which cannot happen, ever). So I have been spent all my free time playing. I am now better than the boy. Anyway I broke down yesterday and purchased the Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kit. It comes with another guitar, drums, and a microphone. I am considering creating a family band. So for the next party we host at the house be prepared for some good times, Lisa will be on the Mic. This has me in tears for multiple reasons.

I will post my music Top Ten lists in a few days.

Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment