Tuesday, December 30, 2008

It's Funny

I was just browsing my high school classmates on Facebook. It is truly amazing how fast time passes. High School seems like it was just yesterday. I search my brain in an attempt to find a fond memory of that time. Nothing. I am sure I had some fun and got into some trouble, but nothing really sticks out. I guess the age old questions are, "Would I go back and do it again?" and "If I could change just one thing, what would it be?" That is really what looking back on years past is about isn't it? Reminisce about this or that. Find a place that is packed full of questions with no answers. "What if" and "Why?" In the end it doesn't matter. It is all about who I used to be. It is the past. I learned from the mistakes, I hope. Now, I am sure that there are some people who would like to believe that things have not changed and they are the same people they were back then. Personally, I believe everything has changed; my glory days were not spent in high school. They are being spent now.

“Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss future.” — JFK

So, would I change anything or go back and do it all over? No. No I would not. Any change would alter my life today and possibly change who I am, maybe even change the husband, the father, the friend, or the person I strive to be and that is just not worth it. I am okay with my station in life.

I should go to bed now. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment