Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas Shopping

I just now have recovered from yesterday’s experience to write about it. M & M left to hang out with their Chicago family. There is no noise in the house. It is a little weird. It is odd to become accustomed to the chaos.

So the kids left the house around 10 AM. Our adventure was just about to begin. We left shortly after. Now, when I say “We” I mean my @$$ did not have any other options. I tried to feign an illness. Denied. She parries all my excuses. “Dead man walking.” I hate shopping for, well, anyone but myself. Yes I know, I am selfish, we all are so get over it. Not only was I stuck going shopping but it just happened to be the cold freaking day of the year. There was not even a temperature, -4 F. The wind chill made it feel like -20 F.

Anyway, we decided to go to the mall. Now I have known for some time that I am not trendy or hip enough to shop at Woodfield. Every time I walk in there the feeling is reinforced. The mall now has all of these little kiosks in the middle of the walk way. I fade back to American Gladiators and get ready to run the gauntlet. Cut to the right to dodge the hair extension lady, weave back to the left to get by the heated pillow. Throw the Heisman at lotion lady. They come at you one after another. We began looking for some organic lotion as a gift. We enter “The Body Store”. The lotion we found was made from hemp and looked to be a perfect fit for the person for whom we were shopping. I glanced down and something that looked like Chap Stick caught my eye. It was a lip balm made from hemp. Not normally a big deal however, this particular item was a tester. Are you kidding me?!!? Who the hell would use a lip balm tester? I could not take it, so I left the store. We found one gift at the mall; one gift from hundreds of stores. Ridiculous. At any rate, after a number of other stores we finished off a couple of people on our list.

Christmas is only a few days away. We should all take a moment and reflect on the past year. Over the next few days I will be posting my reflections. Should be interesting.

As you can see I have added a few additions to the site. Here are some explanations:
“Web Sites I Enjoy” – Sites that I find interesting. Currently there is only one, which I really enjoy, everyone should check it out.

“What is Playing on the iPod” – Music that I am listening to. Some old some new, really just what I am currently listening to.

“What We are Reading” - A list of books that Lisa and I are currently reading or just finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment